Sunday, August 24, 2008

Starbucks: Get Back into the Coffee Business

Betrayed. That's how I felt when I drove to Starbuck's at 1:00 p.m. on Friday to get my coffee fix only to find that they were "out" of Gazebo, the bold roast of the day.

"What?!" I asked. "I'll wait for it." 

I do not like Pike Place Roast and would have gladly waited 10-15 minutes for them to brew something I did like--which is most any flavor considered the "bold roast of the day." When I've asked for the bold coffee of the day, and was told Pike Place IS bold, I gave the barista a look of incredulousness.

"Sorry, but we're out. Once we have used what we ground for the day, that's it."

How can a Starbuck's be OUT of coffee?!

Why can't you just grind more? I can frickin' do that in my own house for goodness' sake. But I spend my time AND GAS MONEY to go to Starbuck's because I expect to be able to get a BETTER cup of coffee there. But with Pike Place as my only choice, that is no longer the case.

I left empty-handed: a first for me in my long relationship with Starbuck's.

I have wasted time and gas one too many times driving to Starbuck's just to find that they are "out" of anything but Pike Place for the day. I refuse to drink that swill when all I really want is coffee that tastes like COFFEE, not some weak imitation. I could get that any place else and for half the price.

BRING BACK BOLD!!!!

No comments: